Friday, April 8, 2011

Birthday Week!


We have had a busy, busy week of celebrating Henry's 5th birthday. Last Friday Grandmother Dixon and Uncle Russ and Aunt Morgan drove up form NC (Russ is actually David's cousin but he is Uncle Russ to Henry and Addie who adore him and Aunt Morgan). We had Henry's birthday party with friends on Sunday afternoon at a local place called ideavention. Even though I really do love throwing birthday parties I couldn't get Henry to keep the guest list to a manageable number so we ended up with 19 kids at a party place. It turned out great though. It was a pirate theme and the activites included making a boat out of foil and testing how much weight it could hold, making pop canons with bottles and balloons and then going on a treasure hunt for gold coins and shells. The kids were all so cute and henry was a good little host. After the party we went home to open presents and then we drove out to Great Falls Natl Park and looked at the falls. It was a beautiful evening and the kids ran around and then slept in the next day which was great since David and I stayed up till 12:30 making a treasure chest cake! Henry didn't have school on his birthday so David stayed home from work and we had a nice relaxing day. On Thursday I went into Henry's class as a teacher's assistant and the class celebrated his birthday by singing him a song and I brought in brownies. I am glad b-day week is over b/c I have had so much chocolate goodies and not a lot of sleep ( :

No comments: